Got a passion for mountain biking? This could be the job for you
Digital Editor – Mountain Bike Rider
Bath, England, United Kingdom | Editorial | Full time
The deputy digital editor reports to the Editor and is accountable for overseeing Mountain Bike Rider, mbr.co.uk, ensuring content is competitive and prioritised according to business value and strategic goals.
The deputy digital editor will have an excellent understanding of the audience and which categories deliver the most revenue, and develop them further. You will work with the editor to find new editorial opportunities for the brand site.
You will work closely with other teams, such as commercial and audience, to ensure issues are dealt with and opportunities taken. As such, you will have a full understanding of current performance, KPIs and strategy by function and risks and opportunities. In addition, the Online Editor is responsible for ensuring excellent communication with the commercial teams and attending client meetings when required.
The Editor will contribute to online content budget planning as well as ensuring editorial processes such as the Content Planner and monthly Channel Activity Reports are delivered to the business.
You will be responsible for product deals and buying guides, reviews and product news across the website, designed to maximise eCommerce and advertising revenues. You will regularly review progress against targets, responding to new opportunities, making improvements to existing content, and addressing declines and issues as appropriate.
You’ll need fantastic organisational skills, an ability to think strategically, and report analytically, and the ability to adapt quickly while working in a fast paced and ambitious environment.
You will understand audience targets, and with the editor and content director, be able to deliver against budgeted sessions, Unique users and other key metrics deliverable through the content strategy.
Key role responsibilities
- Planning, writing and commissioning content as per the content plan and overall strategy agreed with editor
- Re-purposing and optimising magazine copy for online use
- Employing SEO best practice to drive audience engagement
- Testing mountain-biking product and attending events where required
- Unearthing and exploring new opportunities for content initiatives based on seasonal patterns, new trends, keyword research or eCommerce opportunities.
- Work with the commercial team to develop and produce content with our commercial partners
- Liaising and harmonising with other teams in the business whether that be audience development, affiliates or content hubs
- Reporting against content and audience KPIs set by the business
- Proven digital content writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven at detailed, useful analysis
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time-management
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success – every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees (when we get back to the office)
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
Future is a global multi-platform media company and leading digital publisher, with scalable brands and diversified revenue streams. We are dedicated to connecting over 300 million people worldwide with their passions, through expert content, world-class events and cutting-edge proprietary technology. We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives.
We have a market-leading portfolio of over 220 brands spanning across technology, gaming, TV & entertainment, women’s lifestyle, music, sport, creative and photography, home interest and B2B. You may have heard of us…
But a stellar heritage isn’t enough. We continue to grow our portfolio and launch new brands, restlessly looking to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We develop leading-edge technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, Europe and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.