Is 12 speed a good thing?
SRAM has today released its new 1×12 groupset, the Eagle, and everybody’s talking about it. Some are hailing it as the next big thing (literally) in mountain biking while others are calling it unnecessary and overpriced.
Of course, the best place to find the most polarised opinions on it is Twitter so here’s the best reactions we could find to the biggest news of the week.
1. 12 speed is clearly not enough for Adrian Montgomery
2. Will Eagle be as iconic as the 1970s Lotus F1 car?
3. We think they succeeded…
4. Ian Alexander, the chief designer at Whyte, seems to be on board
5. Mike Davis is distinctly unimpressed by the extra sprocket
6. As is Giles Drake
7. We have to be honest, the gold is a guilty pleasure for us as well!
So there you have it, a lot of mixed opinions on the 12 speed revolution, but where do you stand? Is Eagle a game changer or a marketing ploy. Let us know in the comments below.