Two day, 190 km adventure challenge on foot, mountain bike and kayak off the west coast of Scotland
This weekend – Saturday 03 & Sunday 04 September 2016 – more than 120 endurance athletes and volunteer event staff will be heading to the Hebridean island chain of Benbecula, North Uist and South Uist, off the west coast of Scotland, for the inaugural Heb – Race on the Edge, a two-day, 190km adventure challenge on foot, mountain bike and kayak.
It’s an achievable challenge for both experienced athletes and fit and enthusiastic newcomers to multi-sport events.
What is The Heb?
A new two-day, multi-sport challenge for solos and pairs.
A “tough but achievable” 150km journey, made up of mainly off-road running and mountain biking with a bit of kayaking and basic navigation, through the remote landscape off the west coast of Scotland.
Paul McGreal from Durty Events, organisers of The Heb: “The Heb is a stunning and achievable journey through the best of the Hebrides, the ultimate outdoor playground. With seasoned multi-sport athletes competing alongside relative newcomers to the world of adventure sport we have planned a challenging and demanding route without it being intimidating.
“In fact we’re really excited by the course we’ve planned. It’s got a bit of everything – great hill runs (long and short options available – you chose to suit your strengths), scenic and exciting (but not super-gnarly) bike sections and some great, simple, safe kayak sections (with no special skills required). It is going to be an incredible experience packed full of life long memories . We look forward to welcoming all of our competitors on Friday evening in Mallaig before the start on Saturday morning.”
Through the Hebridean island chain of Benbecula, North Uist and South Uist,
Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th September 2016 – with travel days on 2nd and 5th September.
Who is it aimed at?
Designed to suit everyone from experienced multi-sport racers and enthusiastic, fit newcomers, through to groups of friends and office teams ready to take on a challenge.
How to enter
Entries are now open. Entry fees are £250 for solos and £500 for pairs. To enter go to Entry Central.
What’s included in The Heb entry fee?
- GPS Tracking – publically viewable for friends and family
- Electronic timing with stage split
- Calmac Ferry Fares (Foot Passenger + Bike) from Mallaig to Lochboisdale (Friday 2nd Sept) and from Lochboisdale to Mallaig (Monday 5th Sept)
- Hot meal and camping on Saturday and Sunday nights
- Bike transfer from Lochboisdale ferry to Race HQ in Benbecula on Friday
- Coach transfer from Lochboisdale ferry to race HQ in Benbecula on Friday
- Provision of kayaks, buoyancy aids and paddles for all kayak stages
- Custom Tech T-Shirt
- Free bag transfer during race
- Post event party
- Water safety crew
- Event safety crew/1st Aid
- Race Maps – printed on waterproof paper