Bike Park Wales are seeking two full-time members of staff to join their trail crew/ bike shop staff at Gethin Woods, near Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales. The first four months of employment will be spent full time helping to develop and build the trail network at BikePark Wales ready for opening in late Summer/Autumn. Once the site is open and fully operational later this year the trail crew will work in the on-site bike shop/bike hire at weekends and spend three days working on maintaining and developing the trail network in the park during the week. Successful applicants will be required to begin employment in April 2013. Rate of pay will be £6.50-£7.00 pph
All applicants please send CV and a covering letter of no more than 1 page to email@example.com. Closing date 05/05/2013
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Building and maintaining the Bike Parks trail network.
• Job will require a high level of physical fitness and strength.
• Self motivated and able to work productively with limited supervision under the direction of the Mountain Bike Trail Co-ordinator.
• Working outside in all weather conditions.
• Use of hand tools and following safe procedures for working with these tools.
• Use of appropriate plant (excavators, dumpers, compactors and chainsaws) to maintain and build new trails.
• Installation, management and maintenance of the signage pertaining to mountain bike trails.
• An understanding of the Risk Management relating to trails for Mountain Biking
• Strong mountain bike riding skills an asset.
• A good ambassador for the Bike Park with a friendly demeanour.
• Serving customers and providing first class customer service in the on-site bike shop
• Taking payments and cashing up in the bike shop
• Stock control
• Providing customers with fast and friendly service for bike rental
• Driving licence
• A passion for mountain biking and a good knowledge of the sport
• A positive attitude and a willingness to work hard in a varied and rewarding role that will at times be challenging
DESIRABLE (the following lists are favourable but not prerequisites to this application)
• Experience of trail building.
• Experience of operating plant, excavators, dumpers. Holds CPCS plant tickets.
• Chainsaw experience and tickets NPTC CS30/31/32
• Driver license categories D1+E (Minibus plus trailer)
• Previous experience working in a bike shop
• Stock control and cash management experience
• Customer service experience
• Experience working with bike rental