January’s issue in the shops now, and it’s guaranteed to beat the winter blues and get you out riding. Here’s a tiny taste of what’s inside…
- We’ve got the latest breed of tough trail hardtails on test, with 29er and 650b models going head-to-head. There’s a standout winner from the Orange Clockwork Pro, Saracen Zen, Trek Stache 8 and Whyte 905 — but which will it be?
- One of the UK’s most famous rides falls under the spotlight as Britain’s Best Singletrack visits Sticks Pass. If this doesn’t inspire you to get on your bike, nothing will…
- As Hannah Barnes takes on the rugged Cape Wrath Trail for new film Northwest, we go behind the scenes of a truly epic ride
- Having trouble with tough, technical climbs? Skills maestro Chris Ball talks you through the techniques to master
- Loving winter is all about beating the cold and mud, so we’ve got a comprehensive test of warm winter jackets and mtb mudguards
- Heaps of new bikes get the first ride treatment — get the lowdown on the Kona Process 111 DL, Rocky Mountain Instinct BC Edition, Rose Granite Chief 27.5in, Charge Cooker 1 and Pivot Mach 6 Carbon X01
- Not enough? There’s a whole load more, including Canyon’s new Spectral put through its paces at the world’s biggest mtb event, five rides that include great pubs, how to silence chainslap, essential bike maintenance skills, a mountain bike adventure in the Himalayas and four great pull-out route guides in the Lakes, Peak District, North York Moors and the Isle of Wight.