What’s in the latest issue of MBR?
- Big Picture special from the World Championships. Includes an epic jump shot of new DH World Champ by Sven Martin.
- Bike sales are up, but it’s not mountain bikes that are flying through the door. We take a look at a stagnent market.
- New for 2012: Whyte’s new 146X and 829 29er.
- New for 2012: Orbea Occam
- First ride: Nukeproof Mega
- New for 2012: Crankworx special, including Trek Session 9.9 carbon, Norco Sight 140mm trail bike, Specialized Demo carbon, prototype flat pedals and Dissident carbon full-face.
- New for 2012: Rocky Mountain Element
- New for 2012: Specialized Status
- Tested: Works Components 1.5 degree angle adjust headset, Fox Striker helmet, Crank Bros Candy 3 pedals, bib shorts head2head, Maxxis Ikon tyres and Teva Links shoe.
- The latest rundown on our fleet of longtermers
- Peak District Killer Loop with king of the Switzerland squeaker, trials legend Hans Rey. Win a bike and holiday in our Killer Loop treasure hunt
- Nepal’s ancient kingdom of Upper Mustang explored. Wild horses couldn’t drive us away from these sweet trails.
- Best of British Trail Centres: Afan Forest
- 2011 Bike of the Year: all of our perfect ten scoring bikes from 2011 reconvene to fight it out for the ultimate accolade – mbr’s Bike of the Year. Entering the ring are the KHS Alite 2000, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Trance X4, Specialized Camber Expert, Ghost AMR5900 and Specialized Epic Expert Evo.
- Grouptest: 140-150mm suspension forks
- 4 free pull-out routes: Northumberland, North Downs, Howgills and Peak District
- Skills: linking your skills together and bunny-hops
- Workshop: Rear mech maintenance
September issue out Wednesday September 21 until October 18