New alloy Instinct BC features simplified suspension
Details of the aluminium Rocky Mountain Instinct BC Edition. The BC = British Colombia, so you kind of know it’s going to be a capable machine.
Instinct Alloy 50 BC Edition Need to Know
- ‘Aggressive’ trail version of the Instinct trail bike.
- Based around 160mm front and 155mm rear travel.
- 29″ wheels – compatible with 27.5″+.
- Rocky Mountain FORM alloy frame tubing.
- SMOOTHLINK suspension – four bar linkage driven design with simplified single position link (unlike the RIDE-9 adjustable linkage of the standard Instinct).
- Size specific tune – allowing different sized riders to get the right balance of small bump sensitivity, mid-stroke support and end-stroke progressiveness.
- Longer Travel Fox 36 Float Grip Performance / Float DPX2 Performance suspension
- Wide range SRAM Eagle 12spd drivetrain
- Race Face AR30 rims with a DT Swiss rear hub
Race Face Turbine R dropper post
- Weight – 14.65kg (medium)
- Instinct Alloy 50 BC Edition – £3,499.
- Available now.
If it’s designed to be at home at Whistler, Retallack and Revelstoke then it’ll make mincemeat of most other trails. This is what Rocky Mountain are hoping will be the case with the new alloy Instinct BC edition.