Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest consultation - your chance

Forest consultation - your chance

I have just completed the government's consultation document about selling off the forests. I did it on-line, but you can print off and post the document if you'd rather. You remain anonymous, although you are asked what sex, ethnic group, ability and age band you are in

It took me about an hour to read the 64 page document and to answer all their questions. Its very clear. What took the time was making my views known by filling in the comments boxes. Otherwise all you can do is to Agree or Disagree with their proposals.

What pisses me off is that the consultation document reads like it has already been decided to sell off (or even give away) the forests and the consultation is in how to implement it. They have provided no arguments in favour of why they are transferring the Forestry Commission's work to others.

For those that feel strongly about this topic and want to make their input, here is the link to the consultation document. I know its an hour out of your day, but if you don't take part, others get all the say.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/england-pfeconsultation
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
    # Norco Sight 1
    # Kona Kula

Re: Forest consultation - your chance

What pisses me off is that the consultation document reads like it has already been decided to sell off (or even give away) the forests and the consultation is in how to implement it. They have provided no arguments in favour of why they are transferring the Forestry Commission's work to others.

I came to that conclusion when I read it, here are your choices, we are going to sale the forests regardless of what you say, but to make you feel better which way would you like us the fleece you?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

I have a banning hammer and I am not afraid to use it

Thanks for the validation that it wasn't just me that thought that!
    # Norco Sight 1
    # Kona Kula

They are flogging off the family silver, won't be long before they start to consider it here.

Steve so the politicians can claim to have "con/in-sulted" you on this, whole pointless exercise (just like lots of enquiries that conclude what ever they are told to say usually by politicians) they are going to do it like they did with many other "Nationalized" assets that we as a country had.

Steel, Gas, Electricity, British Telecom, etc etc etc.

They were "Voted#" in this is what we get.

# Nobody was an out-right winner last time, you would think that they may remember it when the next time comes around.

I don't believe that this lot are any worse than the previous lot as regards flogging off the forests.

It would be more powerful if I could remember chapter and verse, but I'm certain that I read in the Sunday Times that the last lot sold off more forested land than any government since World War One.

At least this lot are only proposing to lease it to businesses or to give it away to charities. After they've had their pick, what's left will be offered to the proles.

I know that change is not necessarily bad, but I just don't trust any politician - on principle.
    # Norco Sight 1
    # Kona Kula

Steel, Gas, Electricity, British Telecom, etc etc etc.

That were losing the country billions a year due to what has become known as the british leyland attitude.
    " you still get paid if you don't do any work"

I live in consett. Any of you remember consett steel works?
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe that this lot are any worse than the previous lot as regards flogging off the forests.

It would be more powerful if I could remember chapter and verse, but I'm certain that I read in the Sunday Times that the last lot sold off more forested land than any government since World War One.

At least this lot are only proposing to lease it to businesses or to give it away to charities. After they've had their pick, what's left will be offered to the proles.

I know that change is not necessarily bad, but I just don't trust any politician - on principle.
    The last lot did more damage to this country than any other government but they were a labour govern ment so it's allowed.

I mentioned consett steelworks in my last post, Maggie thatcher and her "evil tory bastards" got the blame for closing it when it was infact closed by the previous labour government.

When the labour party are in power they can wreck the countrys economy and nobody gives a toss.
    Why is that?
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every Labour government since WW2 has trashed the economy, getting lots of praise while they were doing it.

Then came the reckoning and the Conservatives get voted in to restore the economy. Their reward is to get reviled for their heartlessness.

But hey, that's politics!

(I guess we are both about to get monstered for raising the topic of politics on the forum).
    # Norco Sight 1
    # Kona Kula

I think i'm just old enough to remember Maggie dragging this country out of the dark ages. I remember being huddled around a couple of candles in the 70's

I think I'm just old enough to remember Maggie dragging this country out of the dark ages. I remember being huddled around a couple of candles in the 70's
    And the bins & bodies not getting collected, the last Labour also tried to sell off the post office, but nobody would take it.

The problem with all these industries is that they had they a different mind set (institutionalised) from us who work in a profit driven industries.

Too much political/union interference, also heard there may be redundancies in the FC today, interference again or thinning out of the dead wood?