Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG he is obsessed

OMG he is obsessed

OK took steve out for his birthday meal and all he talked about after saying how great I am for buying him a bike (wonderful wife and all that) is strava, I mean he is obsessed with beating people , he went out at 6am on the roadie to beat people got back at 8ish and at 9am was out again on the mountain bike having to beat other people, there is being competitive and being obsessed !!!!!!

LOL wow , cant say as I have done that yet , don't mean to bust his bubble but I did a few rides using my Phone on Strava and my Garmin and when both results were on Strava they were not very consistent , so I'm assuming some of the times may well be a little exaggerated with some peoples phones ..

Yes you are great and hes lucky to have you .. Oh Happy Birthday Bud :P
    Specilaized StumpJumper Comp 2007 (only Frame is Stock) Main Ride
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010 (Almost Stock)
    Specilaized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 (only Frame is Stock) (General Ride)

@MTBwidow: Look after him, he is a prince amongst men. He is a husband to be prized. Hell's bells, he thanked you, he appreciates you, and he tells others. What more could you possibly need?
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
    # Norco Sight 1
    # Kona Kula (only the frame, fork and front mech left of the original bike)

STRAVA. Didn't that say we had done 380 miles at an average speed of 317 mph with a calorie burn of 70 when we did gisburn?
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try googling 'Strava' and translating it into Greek!
    Ride hard but avoid the hikers

Quote Originally Posted by gorehound View Post
    STRAVA. Didn't that say we had done 380 miles at an average speed of 317 mph with a calorie burn of 70 when we did gisburn?
    That was with the rocket pack attachment!

I had my first go with it today and must admit its quite interesting to see how you stack up against other riders. For me it'll also be a handy tool to see if I'm actually getting any fitter now I'm riding to work.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMatt View Post
    I had my first go with it today and must admit its quite interesting to see how you stack up against other riders. For me it'll also be a handy tool to see if I'm actually getting any fitter now I'm riding to work.
    That's pretty much how I use it... I'm just pleased I don't have to share any stretch of rides where hobo goes though!
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

I'm getting a new GPS and will be starting up on Strava to see how I compare to the nutters

Should be interesting to do the same routes on different steeds and see how they compare.

I'm also saving for a GPS watch, I'm fancying a Bryton cardio 35. It's properly waterproof which is rare for the price....

You should be able to upload your etrex gpx files in the mean time.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig