Thread: Anyone had a ride on the Trek Slash?

Anyone had a ride on the Trek Slash?

Right, after much consideration I am debating selling my Kona. It is fairly heavy (read: fucking weighs a tonne), and although it rides downhill incredibly, it is rather cumbersome on the climbs (it is a DH bike) and it doesnt jump very well, due to the weight. I was thinking of replacing it with a Trek Slash 7, or something similar, as it is similar geometry wise (really slack) and designed for enduro style stuff. The bike would have to be around 2.5k and around 150/160mm travel, with a clear descending bias, although it would haveto be able to climb well. It would be used for riding DH along with riding around the Surrey Hills, mostly Pitch and Winterfold, so strong enough for tech but light enough to climb. Thanks Monte
    "Those who think they know it all but don't really annoy those of us who do"

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    DMR Reptoid SS Jump build
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9777017/p4pb9777017.jpg

My twitter @lordsamofslam

Yes, at a recent demo day, it went up and down the test loop well, I got a small frame as it was the only one they had, it felt tight and manouverable, took the hits quite well, I could live with it as a replacement for my Enduro.

what about the canyon strive? 2000

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbi...ke.html?b=2569
    Lapierre Zesty 214 2011

Genesis Core 30 2010

MtbLeague, how did it climb, was talking to Trek on Twitter earlier and it seems it descends like a rocket, but climbs worse than the Remedy, fuessing it can't have been too bad

PMC, like the Canyon, but wary of buying from overseas, service from Trek is phenomenal and so would lean towards one of them, and I could probably get a ride on a Slash at some point!

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

Hey Monte. I've been riding the entry level Remedy 7 for a year and have been really pleased with it. As you suggest, it both climbs and descends well and handles with ease anything I'm brave enough to throw at it. My only grievance is with the slightly flexy 150mm Fox 32 fork - when I've paid the outstanding finance on it in January, I'm going to sell it and go for something with a 36 Fox fork or RS equivalent (Lyrik/ Domain?) so will be very interested to hear how your test ride goes mate. Have fun!
    Trek Remedy 7 2011

It climbed ok, the pro pedal options did not make as big a differance as I though they might, only had about an hour on it, might have been because it was the first test of the day, the last ride was an Orange Patriot, that was after lunch there was a lot of grany ring usage where the others were middle on the climb.

Nice, had another chat with trek on twtiter, final demo of the season is this w/e in Hampshire with both the Remedy and the Slash, so will try to get up and have a play on both, see which I prefer!

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike