Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Specific Disk Brake Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by neilo View Post
    A mountain Unicycle????????????????????

Jeez, I've heard it all now.

WTTF btw.

3 of my 4 current unicycles, the 29er being the weapon of choice and the one to be moving away from the HS33 and on to the disk.

There's a pretty large community around (although we can be quite spread out), I'm surprised you've never heard of one before.

No - it's a new one on me tbh. Just you-tubed it and watched a vid of a fella called Dan Heaton. Outstanding!
    The chance of crashing is directly proportional to the number of people waiting to catch it on headcam.

2012 Merlin Maven for work and 2009 Cannondale Prophet for shits and giggles

Quote Originally Posted by neilo View Post
    No - it's a new one on me tbh. Just you-tubed it and watched a vid of a fella called Dan Heaton. Outstanding!
    Dan Heaton's from the early days!
    Maybe you want to try it some day - you'll never look back!

Anyway, so yeah that's why the specifics on the brake lever design...

Either in work or out on the bike, so anywhere in the UK!!
    Bumped into a few unicyclists round Cwmcarn last summer, you lot are bloody mental!! One went down the downhill track just for the challenge!!! Bloody impressive mind!!

WTTF too, nearly forgot my manners!!
    Rides: Boardman Hybrid Comp, TBC and err, that's it!

One went down the downhill track just for the challenge!!!
    Isn't that why everyone rides mountain bikes on technical terrain too?

WTTF too, nearly forgot my manners!!
    I had to look that up, it's not something I'd heard in this context before.
    I'd heard it as welcome to the future before... Unicycling is the future

Either in work or out on the bike, so anywhere in the UK!!
    Isn't that why everyone rides mountain bikes on technical terrain too?
    Yes but not over 4 foot drop-offs!! Both the Cwmdown uplift busses stopped to watch the (they thought) inevitable crash, he bloody made it down too!!
    Rides: Boardman Hybrid Comp, TBC and err, that's it!

Quote Originally Posted by DaMilkyBarKid View Post
    Yes but not over 4 foot drop-offs!! Both the Cwmdown uplift busses stopped to watch the (they thought) inevitable crash, he bloody made it down too!!
    Haha, good on him!

So, unicycles are amazing...
    and now hopefully getting this back on topic

MT2 - anything worth considering?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMilkyBarKid View Post
    Holy Crap! That's impressive, loved to have seen that! Did some mental stuff during my career but never ever seen that or considered it, that's a must see.
    MTB'ing As addictive as Cocaine And Twice as Expensive! Mace Just Makes Me Horny!
    Red Hoodoo huge fun a great bike.White Ibis Mojo HD 140 completed but got to ill to do much with it

Obviously the HS33 is a hydraulic rim brake. I don't know if this would work as I don't know where the fluid reservoir would be kept on them but could you not re-use the Magura lever and get a hydraulic disc caliper? There's some very knowledgable people on here who may be able to confirm or disprove this theory but it's an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMatt View Post
    Obviously the HS33 is a hydraulic rim brake. I don't know if this would work as I don't know where the fluid reservoir would be kept on them but could you not re-use the Magura lever and get a hydraulic disc caliper? There's some very knowledgable people on here who may be able to confirm or disprove this theory but it's an idea.
    The cylinder designs are completely different so I don't think that would work.

Like I say, I think the MT2 blade is a very similar shape (if not the same) and I can probably test that theory at a lbs but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has used/got one.

Holy Crap! That's impressive, loved to have seen that! Did some mental stuff during my career but never ever seen that or considered it, that's a must see.
    Here's Terry (now 56) doing some large drops.