Thread: Best route ever?

Best route ever?

Hallow!

Th e responses to this are probably guna be pretty subjective but....

I'm looking to go away 10th-12th March(ish) hoping to do an amazing ride. Ideally it'd be about 30 miles long pretty much anywhere in the UK.

So what's your opinion... Best ride you've ever done?

*** Insert witty signature here ***

If you haven't done kirroughtree it's worth the effort albeit only 31 km. But feels longer

One day your life will flash before your eyes.

Make sure it's worth watching!!

If you want to go to the lake district I can recommend "four" passes in one day. Garburn pass, gatesgarth pass, nan bield pass then back over garburn ( in the opposite direrction ). Only 21 miles long but with over 5500 ft of elavation it's not to be underestermated . Took me six hours to complete it with some fantastic views.

Thanks Andy, i live in the lakes and those passes are definitely some of the best aren't they!! Down into Haweswater is just gorgeous... the floods have done quite a bit of damage to the route though

*** Insert witty signature here ***

http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=baycuswdycrmkzdz

If you do go for this make sure you have a map and know how to use it - and don't go on your own! It rides a whole lot longer than the 27 miles it comes up as - especially if it's wet. That being said it is a properly fantastic ride, very traditional natural riding, with a 4 mile singletrack descent down the Doethie Valley.

There's endless riding around Llanwrtyd Wells if you want to make a weekend of it (very worth it). Decent rooms available in the Nuadd Arms (pronounced Niath - those crazy Welshers), just regular pub B+B, or try Victoria Wells cabins for families. Loads more on Google as well for all types and budgets.

Not the easiest to get to you but you did say anywhere!
    'Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy' - Benjamin Franklin

I think one of the hardest rides I ever did was High Street - we started from Patterdale and rode over Kirkstone pass to Troutbeck and did the full route. The last section along the shores of Ullswater very nearly finished us off, we had nothing left by that point!

One of my favourite rides is the tour of Ingleborough (including an ascent) starting from Horton in Ribblesdale.

Some sort of epic ride around all of the Surrey HIlls, taking in all the illegal mbr singletrack? Something I'd like to do this year, when I find it...
    "Those who think they know it all but don't really annoy those of us who do"

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    DMR Reptoid SS Jump build
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9777017/p4pb9777017.jpg

My twitter @lordsamofslam