October’s issue of MBR is in the shops now, and inside you’ll find heaps of new bikes, riding ideas, inspiring photos and loads more. Here’s a few highlights:
- Three of the biggest names in mountain biking have been redesigned from the wheels up, so we put the new Orange Five 29 S, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp Evo and Trek Remedy 8 29 to the test. As ever, there can be only one winner…
- Our ace photographer Roo Fowler spent last winter sunning himself and shredding in New Zealand — now he shares his favourite moments and best images in a feature that’ll have you dreaming of a big trip
- Need new hoops? We pick the best wheelsizes of all sizes and budgets, plus we’ve got our first test of the RockShox Pike fork, pedals, helmets, shoes and loads more
- Electronic suspension that can adjust itself to the terrain you’re riding seems like a great idea, but does it work in practice? E:i hits the Lake District in a proper British tech test
- There’s been a whole load of great stuff happening in Northern Ireland this year, with trail centres popping up here, there and everywhere. Time to hop on the ferry and try a bike trip with a difference
- That not enough? We’re got news of possible right-to-roam legislation that could make Wales a true mtb Mecca, an awesome ride at Gunnerside Gill in the Yorkshire Dales, a step-by-step guide to servicing your Orange Five, the final verdict on our Specialized Epic Comp longtermer… and don’t forget you can still win a one-of-a-kind carbon Trek Fuel with our amazing competition!