The Fox 36 is back, and along with changes to dampers, seals and lubrication oil, the suspension brand is aiming to get back in the game.
Fox has redesigned its fork lineup for 2015, with new damping for trail forks and a reworked 36 for the enduro market. There are new compression tunes, redesigned damper seals, and different lubrication oil to improve suspension performance.
The trail bike-friendly 32 and 34 forks have updated damping tunes for better small bump compliance and traction, Fox says. The top of the range Factory models now come with seven clicks of compression adjustment in Trail mode through the CTD damping system.
Fox also says the 32, 34 and 36 forks feature a redesigned seal head that virtually eliminates breakaway force, so should make the forks feel plusher.
Meanwhile all the stanchion sizes (32, 34, 36, & 40) will now use an advanced lubrication oil that integrates Molybdenum from the Kashima Coat formula, Fox says.
The development has come from the fork builder’s Racing Applications Development (RAD) programme, tested and developed during the 2013 race season.
FOX will also be offering special edition stealth black forks and heritage graphic kits that will fit any FOX fork or shock.
Fox 36 RC2 fork
- Redesigned for 26, 27.5 and 29in wheel sizes
- New lighter chassis: half-pound weight savings over its predecessor (starting at 4.19lbs/1901g)
- Updated geometry
- New convertible thru-axle design (15mm and 20mm),
- Purpose-built RC2 damper, and redesigned air spring system, that equalizes rider weight for increased traction.
- Lighter: 36-specific RC2 damper: redesigned valve system provides better small bump compliance, reduced friction, better traction, and wider tuning range
- Redesigned air spring system: equalizes rider weight for increased traction
- All wheel sizes: 26in – FLOAT and TALAS 160mm and 180mm, 27.5 – FLOAT and TALAS 160mm and FLOAT 170mm, 29 – FLOAT and TALAS 150mm and 160mm
Special Edition Forks & Decals
- Heritage Fork & Shock Decal Kits
- Reminiscent to the first motocross decals these heritage graphics come in an array of colors.
- Works with any fork or shock regardless of model or year
- Each set includes decals for FOX fork and FOX shock
- Available in red, blue, white, green, and tennis ball yellow
Stealth FLOAT Forks
- For a limited time, FOX is offering three blacked out FLOAT fork models with stealth black decals and black anodized knobs.
- 32 29”/100mm CTD w/Trail Adjust
- 34 27.5”/160mm CTD w/Trail Adjust
- 40 26”/203mm RC2