Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That me out of action........

That me out of action........

I found out today that my shoulder does not make a good impact zone, not quite sure exactly what happen but I was hammering down a steep bridle path when I thought if I fall off at this speed it is going to hurt, so to prove my point I fell off

Right shoulder, thigh and knee took the brunt of the impact, fortunately the undergrowth was quite soft which I assumed helped. Funny thing was I carried on riding without to much of a problem (I was about 13 miles in to a 26 mile route). It was when I got back to the car and realised I could not lift the bike onto the roof of the car I realised there was a problem, fortunately I broke the bike down and put it in the back of the car.

Now sat hear nursing a very sore shoulder which I can move slowly but not above my head or put any weight into the shoulder
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

I have a banning hammer and I am not afraid to use it

Re: That me out of action........

Get an x-ray mate. Complicated and nasty things can happer to shoulders, and if tehre is serious damage you want to get it treated asap.
    I landed full weight on my shoulder last October and carried on for another 20 miles or so, after which it really hurt so got the xray. Fortunatly it wasn't broken but had a category 2 AC injury (there's a cat 5 one - the worst - in the injuries in this month's mag) so I had a sling for three weeks, some stretching exercises and was back riding after about 5 weeks. But they told me without treatment I would have recovered slower and probably lost some mobility permanently.

So get it checked!!

Ouch, at least you are home safe not sooo badly injured that you are still lying there.

Hope it heals quickly.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

Sounds like what tricks did this time last year. A month later we found out she'd broken her collarbone. A visit to A+E might be an idea to make sure.

get well soon.
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about that Xendistar, what happened to you could have been word for word what happened to me. I agree that you should get it checked out, by a physio at the least. Mine was ligament damage, with similar sounding constraints to you. It is possible that most of the pain will be gone quite quickly, especialy if you keep your arm in close to your side for a while. My biggest concern is the random loss of control of the arm - it either drops if I'm raising it, or just gives way, which is not what you want while on the bike.

Get some therapy!

I hope that you get over it soon, but ligaments take quite a while to heal because their blood supply is poor.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
    # Norco Sight 1
    # Kona Kula

Get well soon Xendi and like these lot say, go to the docs.

Ouch - hope you're not out of action for too long.

With everyone else on this one - get it checked out asap to be safe.

Not that I know a lot about that sort of injury but it does sound like muscle/ligamaent damage, if it's bad get it checked out, hope it is not too serious but you never know.

Sounds like what tricks did this time last year. A month later we found out she'd broken her collarbone. A visit to A+E might be an idea to make sure.

get well soon.
    Trying to persuade him to go now but he wants to wait til morning............

Karen

PS at least its not me this time.........lol

Falling off in style since September 2009..................Laughs and just gets on with it............

Just had a look at the gps data from the route, on that particular downhill section I hit 36mph That was not the speed I was doing when I crashed as I had already braked and had slowed down and was starting to speed up again when it all happened.

I think I will visit A&E tomorrow morning, not up to facing them at the moment
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

I have a banning hammer and I am not afraid to use it