Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peaks Ride Sunday 10th April

Peaks Ride Sunday 10th April

I'm off up to the Peaks this Sunday, starting from the public car park in Edale at 10:00.

Hoping to do around 20 miles, but will see on the day
    Rough route plan is up to Hope Cross, maybe add the Rowlee/Hagg Farm loop, then drop down to Hope, up Pin Dale to Castleton and drop down Cave Dale before heading back over Mam Tor.

Anyone up for it, sign up here!

Re: Peaks Ride Sunday 10th April

I'm in.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
    # Norco Sight 1
    # Kona Kula (only the frame and fork left of the original bike)

Steve, if you've not hit the trails round there you're in for a treat... Knowing you you will certainly want your full susser.

Cavedale is about as rocky as it gets! The trails are very hard work, but just are rewarding.

I'll certainly pose it to mrs mundo but I honestly doubt it... especially as I've got a pass out for Friday night.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

Can't wait!

When we met last time I was struggling with a bodged installation of the adjustable seatpost; I was all over the place. But its sorted now!!!

The Dawg has been primped and preened today. It has two more rides to go this week and then it will be unleashed on Sunday!
    # Norco Sight 1

Right, I have a 50:50 that depends on the weather basically.
    If it's nice then I'm not playing out...

Pretty sure I still have mobile numbers... I'll check and pm etc when I have more time.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

If you've not ridden rock gardens before Steve I think you'll come away with a new found respect for the Dawg
    I'd stick on the fattest, toughest tyres you've got as well (I'll be on 2.25 Nobbys).

Would be good if you can make it fred, but the weather's looking pretty good for Sunday. I'll PM you my number, it's still the same as from the Hope ride last year and I've still got yours from then.

I'd stick on the fattest, toughest tyres you've got as well (I'll be on 2.25 Nobbys).
    Kevlar reinforced Maxxis Igniters 2.35" will have to do.
    # Norco Sight 1

They should do the job. You will probably want a little less air in them than you are used to too.

There are rocky trails, rocky peaks trails, then there is cavedale.... But then once ridden, anything else really never seems as bad....
    You will certainly have fun though dude. I'll hopefully get a pass out to join you... Its likely though that with my fitness lacking as much as it is that I'll be cutting our a little short if I do make it.

There are rocky trails, rocky peaks trails, then there is cavedale.... But then once ridden, anything else really never seems as bad....
    Stoppit! You'll scare him off!

If you do make it fred I was thinking of missing out the Rowlee/Hagg loop - it's not much reward for all the climbing and knocks 4 miles off. It'll also mean we're a bit fresher for Cave Dale!

A better option might be to see how the legs feel at the top of Mam Tor at the end of the ride, then either drop back to Edale or add the short Lords Seat/Chapel Gate loop.

Nonsense, Steve wouldn't get scared off buy such idle banter.

He's happy with how we roll, or indeed just stroll down the trails....

I think the skipping of hagg farm section is a fair plan. Rowlee farm is a ball ache... I tend to do hagg when I've climbed up from crook hill farm and ridden across the top of hagg side. it never seems so bad then.
    I haven't ridden chapel gate for a good while so it would be great fun to ride.