Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 24th-25th June camping weekend.

Re: 24th-25th June camping weekend.

Have an absolute blast fella's. Still sick as a effin pig I can't be there. new bike sat in the garage while I'm studying crap. Typical...
    Giant Trance X3, though now specced a LOT higher.
    Cotic Bfe in 'Black Grape'

Great weekend guys - really good to see you again even if it did start out a little damp.

Less exciting was the 6 hour wait for the AA when dan's car broke down on the M6. First truck came from a local garage (after an hour - not too bad) and then took us just off the motorway where we should have got picked up by the proper AA truck. 5 hours later another local truck turns up - with a single cab that could only fit two of us in. Finally at about midnight the AA agreed to pay for a taxi for the other two of us, so I managed to wangle a taxi ride from about Cannock all the way home to London, with a stop off in Banbury for John. Someone at the AA is gonna have a surprise when that bill hits the floor.
    'Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy' - Benjamin Franklin

Yup, top draw, even if it was a little hard for me to get to work than usual.

That's a pretty journey home. Has Dan ever though about getting a lexus? Does he know what teh plural of lexus is? Is it Lexi?

anyway, what did you guys think to penmachno on the whole? Great trail isn't it.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

A brilliant weekend guys, think it was close between Penmachno and Coed-y-Brenin, but all those forest road miles on the Beast at CyB knocked some points off it for me (I can't believe you hauled that retro GT up those hills with only a 32 up front Chris ).
    A shame because the single track was fantastic. (despite at times looking like a kayak would have been more useful!)

No major damage to bikes or bodies (well, except for Angus )

Sounds like an interesting journey home Chris!

Yeah, it was good to have him along....

He certainly got his fiver out of the insurance he paid for didn't he.

The fire road was a total ballache, it was much wasted km I could have saved for Penmachno on Sunday.

The GT totally lapped it up too. I still can't believe that you could find the power to get you up the hills.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

I put it down to the ribs for breakfast

'Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy' - Benjamin Franklin

If you can do that them can I claim the utter lack of any energy on sunday as a total lack of ribs for breakfast?

Man didn't angus totally get vfm from the bike insurance.

If anyone is looking to rent a bike from the trail center bike shop at coed-y-brenin. I'd stay away from the large trek. It needed binning after he had finished with it. Ride it like you stole it? Not half.