Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stress/Depression.

Quote Originally Posted by PI View Post
    Had my "disciplinary" hearing regarding the accident this morning.Sorted now but it's been almost 5 months!Big weight off my mind so now we can work on getting back to normality.Why it's such a slow process is beyond me.In the old days we'd have had the same outcome but 10 minutes after it happened
    Good to hear.....
    Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 650b

Expert Chaffing Cream Applicator steve_sordy's Avatar
    Had my "disciplinary" hearing regarding the accident this morning.Sorted now but it's been almost 5 months!Big weight off my mind so now we can work on getting back to normality.Why it's such a slow process is beyond me.In the old days we'd have had the same outcome but 10 minutes after it happened
    Well, that's good to hear.

Sadly the wheels grinding exceedingly slowly seems to be a modern thing. Health & Safety, business process, safety committees....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

A mate of mine needed to use a fork lift truck urgently to solve a big safety problem. He needed to move some big sheets of steel plate to cover over a collapsed drainage channel to avoid members of the public driving or falling into it. The one he borrowed had a starting problem and he was told to leave it running when he'd finished with it. Now leaving an FLT running is against the rules, so he parked it in such a way and in such a place that it would have been impossible for other than an experienced FLT driver to move it. One of those busybody a-holes that seem to be everywhere these days reported him and he was under the threat of disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. He was given formal written warnings about what he could say, who to, and so forth. No account was taken that his swift action had kept the place open and safe instead of being closed for the day.

After a full formal investigative process and two formal hearings, he was eventually cleared and commended! The a-hole was later let go in one of those clear outs that companies do from time to time. All very satisfying at the end, but why did it have to take five months? Five months of worry and stress for him. I said to complain, but he was so relieved that he just wanted to get it behind him.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
    # Whyte T-130C RS
    # YT Industries Capra CF Comp 2

I know how he feels.The whole process after the event is actually worse than the event itself.Five Months+ is bound to pray on anyone's mind.I'm sure it could be done quicker.

Finally starting back at work Monday.They were pushing for a phased return of 4hrs per day then 6,then 8 then back to 12 over a period of a few months but I really didn't want that.So I'm doing 5x8hrs Mon-Fri next week....then 2 weeks Xmas break then back on my regular shifts in January

Expert Chaffing Cream Applicator steve_sordy's Avatar
    Finally starting back at work Monday.They were pushing for a phased return of 4hrs per day then 6,then 8 then back to 12 over a period of a few months but I really didn't want that.So I'm doing 5x8hrs Mon-Fri next week....then 2 weeks Xmas break then back on my regular shifts in January
    I wish you well with that, but there is a reason that they have suggested a phased return. When I was in my mid 30's I caught one of those illnesses from my daughter that affected her for 24 hours but had me off work for three weeks. when I went back I was asked to return from 10:00 - 14:00 for a week. I scoffed, but they insisted. Chuffin' 'eck! I was cream-crackered by 2pm! I was glad that I was going to and from work in a taxi!
    What led to our time off work was different, and we are different people too, but you have nothing to prove. If you start to feel a bit worn, go home!
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.
    # Whyte T-130C RS
    # YT Industries Capra CF Comp 2

I'll be doing a "phased" return whilst I'm physically at work.It's just easier for us if I follow my shift pattern.3-4 months of Mon-Fri building hours up just isn't an option for us so I'd rather do my normal 12hr pattern!