Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bike insurance

bike insurance

any ideas of good places to go also good bike locks that are insurance approved
    I Love a GIANT Bargain

--------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

GIANT TRANCE WITH TITANIUM AND CARBON GOODIES

Re: bike insurance

i just insured my bike at cycleguard.co.uk dont really think there are too many about, if you go on http://www.soldsecure.com it gives a list of approved locks for that sites insurance...

i couldnt find many other sites to be honest that do it, and the ones i did find they were exactly the same premium..

good thing is with these though, as long as you have a 5lever mortice lock or 5lever padlock as the main lock on garage/shed door you dont have to lock it to anything inside, which means you dont have to purchase a silly priced bike lock cos it says so...obviously if you are using it out and about and lock it up outside then they are perfect but once in the garage/shed its a gonner anyways unless its attached to something totally unmovable..

i dunno whether you can add it onto your home insurance if its in a shed/garage?? something id be intruiged to know as im sure it would have been cheaper to do that, but as thats in my parents name i would have had to get them to ring etc and sort it out....

yeah i had a leaflet with the bike for them ,but cos its 2006 model even though its brand new they take off 40% worth of the bike .

ive just got it from eta that cover the price of the bike if new or old model ,meaning they cover upto 1100 for 87 a year .
    I Love a GIANT Bargain

--------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

cheapest way I've found is to to add it to your household insurance.

You need to check that they will insure the value and tell your insurer what you've got, the value and also.

We shopped around a bit at renewal time last year and I think Direct Line and More Th>n wouldn't insure bikes as expensive as ours but Barclays, who we are already with do, so we stayed with them. You get cover whilst it's away from the house as well, which is nice, and you'd be amazed at how little the premiums are compared to some of the bike only insurers. My last quote from a cycle only scheme was over 300 pa, which is twice as much as it costs me to insure 2 1100cc plus motorcycles!!
    My site http://www.ezerider.com serving Staffordshire, South Cheshire & Derby

second that - i insure mine with Halifax on my home insurance to the value of 2500 and it costs 50 a year more and it's insured away from the home too. It doesn't however cover me for racing not that i'll be doing that in the near future...
    "Kona Dawg Supreme 2006"
    "Cube Acid 2012"
    "Canyon Nerve Al 2013"

http://avatars.jurko.net

I was'nt racing honest Mr insurer, I was just out for a toodle around and got caught up in the mele!

What, those numebrs on the bars you say? Nah, must have left them on from when I raced 3 years ago

i am with the ETA. its not just the theft of your bike that is covered when you take out bike ins.

if i injur myself im covered. i have hurt myself a few times on the bike so this gives me a little peace of mind.

im also covered up to 1 million pounds for damage and injury to others.

home ins may not cover you for a bike as expensive as the ones we ride.

home ins wont cover you if your pride and joy is nicked from the train station or the town etc.

i insured my 1500 bike for 180 per year. ( i would have to check to get the exact annual fee but its around 180)

yeah i checked house hold they only insure bike upto 500 so thats no good from the start .
    I Love a GIANT Bargain

--------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

Change your household insurance then

Gra, you'd be surprised what's included in the insurance, it's also not quite as restrictive about how and where you store it together with which colour lock you have to use at all times etc etc check the small print kinda bo11ox

well that may be bit difficult its thru my wife bank ,but dont matter now cos im covered
    I Love a GIANT Bargain

--------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)