Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November is here!!!!!!!

November is here!!!!!!!

Wey hey! . Hope you guys who had trouble last mont have better luck gettin this months issue.
    GT
    It's not the fall that hurts it's the landing!!!!!

http://avatars.jurko.net

Re: November is here!!!!!!!

So is mine
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it but....
    Is it me or are there more and more adverts each month?

No, It's not me - being of a very very sad nature and wanting to take things easy before tomorrows Triathlon (2nd in 2 weeks!!) I decided to put my theory to the test!

Not good news I'm afarid

November 2007 had 188 pages with 79.5 laid over to advertising.
    November 2008 has 172 pages and 88 of them laid over to advertising.

Here comes the science...
    That's an 8.5% reduction in pages and a 10% increase in advertising with 42% of the mag put to advertising in 2007 and a massive 51% in 2008.

More worrying still are the number of pages devoted to the magazines own advertising, subscriptions etc, there are now 8.5 pages this year compared to only 3 last year.

Nurse the screens

I do like the mag, its approachable and works on many levels but if I wanted this amount of exposure to advertising and people selling their wares I could read an Argos catalogue

I'm savvy enough to know that the 4 cover price doesn't produce a mag of this quality on it's own and that advertising is needed by the mag and often wanted by the reader BUT there's a direct and delicate correllation between the circulation figure and the advertisers propensity to bung money at the advertsing wall, I don't want to end up just reading adverts.

End of rant...
    My site http://www.ezerider.com serving Staffordshire, South Cheshire & Derby

OMG!!!!!
    Glasdrum

my other bike's had thumbshifters

Great A_Z of Eurobike this month! The 'Gossip' new products section is one of my favourite each month But this months was the best yet!
    My site http://www.27gears.com

Prophet Updated: Gone have the Lefty and XM819's, new for 2011...... Fox 36 Talas, EX823/Pro2's and KS i7 seatpost with remote! Newest Addition....... Manitou X3 Coil Rear shock.

AndyWaterman

You boys are lucky. We're yet to see the finished article in the office yet. Hopefully it will show up on Monday.

RE pages. Have you taken into account the fact that you're getting 13 issues this year instead of 12 (how old fashioned!) last year?

One job I had years ago use to pay us on a 4 weekly basis, that 13 monthly pay days a year, the human brain does not work that way, not let alone banks and direct debits! It led to much confusion.

Another use my daughter though up for the "Emergency Rain" thing, was to wash bikes with it on, an anti-mud splatter cape.

Mine arrived some time on Sat, MBR is the only thing that has ever been delivered on that day.

AndyW

One thing that does confuse me is, If the old Email address does not work and all questions are now Via this Forum, how come lots of the letters and Q&A's say, for example 'Joe Bloggs, Email' at the end of the Question? i.e the name of sender and how you received the letter in the first place.

Are they old letters sent in previously that you have only just got around to answering (i.e only so much space in the letters section) or is there something you are not telling us northerners? Just kidding, It's just something I wonder about!

Cheers Paul
    My site http://www.27gears.com

Prophet Updated: Gone have the Lefty and XM819's, new for 2011...... Fox 36 Talas, EX823/Pro2's and KS i7 seatpost with remote! Newest Addition....... Manitou X3 Coil Rear shock.

RE pages. Have you taken into account the fact that you're getting 13 issues this year instead of 12 (how old fashioned!) last year?
    Are you suggesting that you've reduced each issue by one twelth to make issue 13??

That would be bad because you're now getting 13 payments for what is effectively 12 issues.

You increase the number of issues and the number of times we shell out for the mag AND the number of insertions you can charge to the advertisers, rockect science it ain't.

Don't get me wrong I like the mag just wish it wasn't over half full with advetisments, though I suppose having Andy on the forums over the weekend doesn't come cheap
    My site http://www.ezerider.com serving Staffordshire, South Cheshire & Derby

Still waiting for mine. It's the first one on subscription so hope I've not been forgotten!!!