Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new bike!!!

I assume by the lack of white goods that the background is made up of one massive white good that can't fit completely into the image?

Give him a chance, he hasn't actually got it yet. We can demand the white goods as soon as he does, though
    Pace RC506
    DMR Switchback hack and c2c bike.

The bicycle is the perfect transducer to match man's metabolic energy to the impedance of locomotion. Equipped with this tool, man outstrips the efficiency of not only all machines but all other animals as well. ~Ivan Illich, Energy and Equity, 1974

Quote Originally Posted by randomist View Post
    Give him a chance, he hasn't actually got it yet. We can demand the white goods as soon as he does, though
    You mean Decathlon don't have images of their stock with white goods as standard? How strange....

Had the same bike and it's very nice....p.si like white goods.

Hey All, Got the bike now and i love it!! Had a quick blast at Cannock Chase and it was awesome. Everything setup well too and feels soooo much like my old santa cruz so i'm happy! Only one small problem was the main pivot bolt through the rear triangle managed to work loose!!!! Took it out, applied some threadlock (there was none on it!) and its been fine ever since. Will be emailing decathlon about that one as its something so simple they can easily sort it. All is now fine and just completed Sherwood Pines red route in all the rain and mud!!

Just one thing, both me and my girlfriend along the ride had mega grinding of the chain etc...i take it thats just the amount mud/water we were riding in?? Its just never had that before with xtr drivetrain i've had in the past even when mega muddy! I'm on Sram x9 and girlfriend is on full XT with Sram 1051 chain. All brand new and 10speed.

Anyway, here are some pics:

Give your drivetrains a good clean and relube.
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it me or the photo but in that last picture the front wheel looks off centre??

Nice looking bike though
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

I have a banning hammer and I am not afraid to use it

The fork wasn't dead centre for the picture, was just leaning slightly. Enough to make it look like that. All centred fine!

Will clean and lube everything today. Whats a good lube to use these days?? I've got a bottle of Finishline wet lubricant that i used to use but is there anything better out there now?

Cheers guys!
    Mark

i still can't see any kind of fridge or freezer in those pictures....
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

Forgot to add some pics now our bikes are christened with mud!!!