Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware of canyon

Beware of canyon

IF you are thinking of buying a Canyon then beware of their business practice and service.

I've decided to get their Express bike since I thought it is already set up and made (saw the acture picture of the bike already) so the only thing they have to do is to dismantle the handles bar, take off the wheels, put it in a box and ship it so I made an order Tuesday night and paying by credit card thinking I can get the bike quickly.

I don't know about most of you but every shopping I've made on the internet so far you get a confirmation of order and it is processed immediately. Wiggle or other companies actually even sent out your orders on the first day (not bikes but atleast you get your order confirmation straight away). I waited the whole day and got nothing from Canyon and when I wrote to them and complained I got some really surprising letter that made me feel as if because I've compalined they are going to purposely delay my shipping.

Anyway so after over 24 hours I finally got an order confirmation today which I thought was a bit of a joke.

Looking closely at my invoice they gave me a rough estimate of when they are going to deliver my bike. ON WEEK 24!!! Thats another 2 weeks away!!!! BUT the bike is already assembled and not only that it has cosmetic damage!!

I have ordered bikes from CRC beofer and it came in four working days after you've made your order. Either they are being racist or just purposely doing this or they are just totally inefficient and they can't handle the business.

Either way I felt it is a shame that I love their bikes but their business practice is totally rubbish.

I would like to quote you just one line of what they said on their e-mail
    It seems necessary to point out that you are of course under no obligation to buy from Canyon. You are welcome to cancel your order if you are unhappy about the service you are receiving.
    I only wanted a order confirmation and seems like they don't want to do business.

I like this quote the best because if feels like after I've complained the shipping time suddenly becomes longer.
    But to give you a rough idea bikes ordered from the Express bikes section ship in around ten days at the moment
    At the moment? Before I've heard some members from this forum getting their bikes two days after they made their order from the Express section.

If you read some of the e-mails they've wrote to me you will feel prett yupset too.

I think as being a customer I should never be made feel upset for buying something from them. And to delivery something that it is already made to take 14 weeks just to put it in a box and call UPS to ship it can only mean they are doing this purposely.

So if you are buying a bike from Canyon you know you will probably have to put up with this kind of frustration. You have been warned.

Honestly? Is this real?

Your initial complaint is that you didn't receive your bike within 24 hours?

Then you think that receiving confirmation of your order just after 24 hours is a joke? I hope you're never a customer of mine!

Then you say they'll deliver in week 24 - 2 weeks away. Then you accuse them of being racist? REALLY? Racist??????
    You say you love their bikes. How do you know if it's not arrived yet?

Then you're saying all you want is an order confirmation, which you've already said you've received - and moaned that it took over 24 hours to receive it.

Next you say it's 10 days for shipping, then you say people on this MBR forum have got their bikes after 2 days (who?).

THEN you say it's 14 WEEKS delivery.

Really? You seem to be expecting the world.

Reading your post for the 1st time, I thought maybe it was spam. Then I thought maybe you work for one of Canyon's competitors. I have heard people saying they have to wait 2 or 4, or even 6 weeks for their bikes, but they don't whinge like this.

If I ordered a bike on the internet on Tuesday, received confirmation same day & it was delivered next day I just wouldn't believe it.

Life just isn't that great.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Crash Test Reevil "Crashing so you don't have to"

LOL No I wasn't expecting bike to be delivered 24 hours.

I was expecting Ordering Confirmation which I didn't get after over 24 hours.

I expect it to be shipped 4-6 days after making an order if the bike is already avaliable.

I have bought bikes from CRC that comes after 4 working days after ordering.

I don't think I am expecting too much.

Quote Originally Posted by reevil View Post
    Honestly? Is this real?

Your initial complaint is that you didn't receive your bike within 24 hours?

Then you think that receiving confirmation of your order just after 24 hours is a joke? I hope you're never a customer of mine!

Then you say they'll deliver in week 24 - 2 weeks away. Then you accuse them of being racist? REALLY? Racist??????
    You say you love their bikes. How do you know if it's not arrived yet?

Then you're saying all you want is an order confirmation, which you've already said you've received - and moaned that it took over 24 hours to receive it.

Next you say it's 10 days for shipping, then you say people on this MBR forum have got their bikes after 2 days (who?).

THEN you say it's 14 WEEKS delivery.

Really? You seem to be expecting the world.

Reading your post for the 1st time, I thought maybe it was spam. Then I thought maybe you work for one of Canyon's competitors. I have heard people saying they have to wait 2 or 4, or even 6 weeks for their bikes, but they don't whinge like this.

If I ordered a bike on the internet on Tuesday, received confirmation same day & it was delivered next day I just wouldn't believe it.

Life just isn't that great.
    I love their bikes because I bought one already and I am buying a second one.

After you buy something from the internet don't you expect an ordering confirmation to say that they achknowledg the purchase and now awaiting for packing and delivery? I always get them no matter what internet website I buy from.

I didn't get anything from Canyon of the ordering confirmation and when I did it was over 24 hours later just to get one through e-mail and they are proude that they are direct order company.

I'm assuming by over 24 hours, you mean less than 48.

So you place your order, just over 1 day later they send a confirmation email? How is that bad? I expect they don't have people working 24hours a day looking at orders. Most of it is probably computerised but you still need the human touch (otherwise you get complaints like those voiced about CRC)

You expect it shipped in 4-6 days? Why? Is that what your confirmation email said?

If so; fair complaint. If not. Unfair complaint. Unless you're working for them, you have no idea of their levels of stock or numbers of orders.

Are they promising 4-6 days delivery? If not then you are expecting too much. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by hsiaolc View Post
    After you buy something from the internet don't you expect an ordering confirmation to say that they achknowledg the purchase and now awaiting for packing and delivery? I always get them no matter what internet website I buy from.
    Yes. And you got one. ?????

I would think 4 to 6 days shipping means dispatch time not delivery for starters.
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either in work or out on the bike, so anywhere in the UK!!
    If you go to a direct-sell manufacturer, you've got to expect a bit of a wait for delivery!! From what others have experienced, a wait of 2-4 weeks seems reasonable. I ordered my bike form the lbs and had to wait 2 weeks, so for it to come from from a different country, fully checked isn't taking the piss in any way.

As for the order confirmation, I'd much rather wait a day for it knowing that someone the other end has gone from their computer, checked the stock and put your name against the physical bike you've ordered (this is what they do apparently!) rather than get an automated message that says it's on it's way only for someone to find the stock list is wrong and have to delay or cancel the order!

Seems you want the service of an lbs for the cost of mail-order. Not gonna happen.
    Rides:
    2011 Orange 5
    2013 Boardman Hybrid Comp
    2015 Trek Fuel EX 7 27.5 - cheers gramps!

...and you decided to regidter to the forum to.......???????

food for thought!!! You sent an email (won't try to guess the tone) but you got a reply on the same day and a confirmation - as requested...

Ever tried phoning/emailing CRC during busy periods of the year?
    Ride hard but avoid the hikers

How on earth are they racist! That's a perfectly acceptable wait period, I will type a proper reply when I'm on a PC!
    "Those who think they know it all but don't really annoy those of us who do"

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    DMR Reptoid SS Jump build
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9777017/p4pb9777017.jpg

My twitter @lordsamofslam