Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lordhills trail destroyed

Good reading The Orange One.

To summarise my views having read the thread (I was planning a trip there for a pedal about with an old friend I've not seen in years)

Cheeky trails; people riding them for years.
    People get over-excited & build jumps, then bigger jumps, etc etc
    Jumps are too close to main walking trails & get noticed.
    Trails get bulldozed to make a point.

I think they're worried about riders getting hurt; but also walkers due to the landings from some jumps being on the main paths, & them getting sued.

There's a cheeky mini-dh run near me with lots of little jumps on it. The landowners ignore it, as long as the jumps don't become too big. If they do, it's all getting pulled down.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Crash Test Reevil "Crashing so you don't have to"

Second what reevil says - the pattern always seems to be that subtle trails often get the blind eye until over-enthusiasm takes hold and jumps etc. get built and then landowners destroy 'em - often as not it's going to be worries over liability for accidents when the "features" are getting too gnarly.

Something similar happened to my local, about 10 mins from my house. I used to go up there most evenings for an hour long shred, the top seggy was fast and tech and the bottom section was basically dirt jumps with a mix of small tables and doubles. There was also a bombhole, with a few different lines in. A few weeks in I took a fairly big stack, dropping into the bombhole my front wheel went off line and into a hole, I sailed over the bars onto my chest. Wearing a fullface and gloves pretty much saved me and I was a bit sore, but had I been hurt, I wouldn't have even thought of sueing the land owner. About 2 months ago the dirt jumps were totally torn down, which was a crying shame (I had only just mastered them) but it was private land, with an illegal trail, so no-one kicked up a stink. In my opinion the trails were doing no harm, and as far as I know, there was no-one else but me riding there, and nothing up there big enough to cause injury, as the road gap had been removed. This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzUAGcq2upU

In conclusion I think illegal trails are great, most trail centres started out that way, but it is not the trail builders land, and so if they get torn down, tough shit, ride somewhere else!
    "Those who think they know it all but don't really annoy those of us who do"

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    DMR Reptoid SS Jump build
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9777017/p4pb9777017.jpg

My twitter @lordsamofslam

that's quite the crash that! That you?

Crash Test Reevil "Crashing so you don't have to"

Its alright saying go ride somewhere else, what about my dogs (Snowy) ashes?????

Cant replace them!

Ah, more litter.

Showaddywaddy violence, Trespass and litter, you are becoming a proper ASBO type

One day your life will flash before your eyes.

Make sure it's worth watching!!

Quote Originally Posted by reevil View Post
    that's quite the crash that! That you?
    Nope! Never got close to it while it was there, would think twice now!
    "Those who think they know it all but don't really annoy those of us who do"

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    DMR Reptoid SS Jump build
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9777017/p4pb9777017.jpg

My twitter @lordsamofslam

I hope the guy that stacked that jump was okay but good God that was funny! He was lucky he managed to execute a partial flip or he'd had probably broken his neck.