Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lordhills trail destroyed

Lordhills trail destroyed

News for Southampton based riders

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/to...ails-destroyed
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

I have a banning hammer and I am not afraid to use it

While i'm quite annoyed that people think they can just add trails without the land owners permission (it is their land after all), i cannot see how they can justify the wanton destruction to destroy the trails.
    Boardman FSTeam 650B
    Owner of Munchkin Media Corp
    You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgI...w-0UtnNd2UH2EQ

You gotta love Singletrack - only a fan of illegal trail building could complain about someone else causing environmental damage.
    Fartblood All Terrain Cycles
    Making the Stain worth the Pain since 1969

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwitch View Post
    While i'm quite annoyed that people think they can just add trails without the land owners permission (it is their land after all), i cannot see how they can justify the wanton destruction to destroy the trails.
    Maybe they're building an extraction road for upcoming thinning/felling operations. Apart from that maybe the "trail builders" have left litter everywhere, felled trees or just dug bloody big holes all over the place all of which is guaranteed to piss land owners off big style.
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like the FC have butchered that part of woodland whos gonna clean up the mess they left behind that looks terrible!! Best get out there with some shovels and saws and fix it up lol
    Everytime you dont go out and ride GOD kills a kitten

............. O.............. /^^\
    ............. /\,........... /^ ^^\
    .............-\ -........ /^^^^ /^^\ ^\
    ............. /(*) /^^^ /^^ ^ ^^
    ......... (*) /^^^^ /^^^ ^^^^^
    ..........^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwitch View Post
    Reading through the thread it looks like there's been a battle between the land owner and illegal trail builders going on for years. Land owner has probably had enough and decided on the extreme measures to try and make sure they couldn't rebuild.

It looks a mess, but I'm guessing it's a working forest rather than a reserve so the trees would have been coming down at some point anyway.

Its not like they have bulldozed an ancient forest of Oak trees, its a few young trees of perhaps 10 years old amongst larger trees.
    Spesh Rockhopper

This is outrageous, can we start a petition to reinstate our playground? I scattered my dogs ashes there ffs!

It's never gonna be easy if you are building unauthorized trails on someone else's land

I, as most of us have, have ridden officially built and unofficially built trails and enjoyed both immensely.

The difficulty is how the landlord perceives trespassers and what they do on his/her land. If it two of us out for a walk and we stray from a footpath, no one is likely to see let alone care, but if whist we are there we start digging trails for us to tide later I can see the possible annoyance to a land owner

I gather,without reading the whole thread, that the trails have been overlooked, ignore or accepted by the land owner for perhaps 15 years as is the time one poster has been riding there.

If that was my local ride I would be devastated, but if it's someone else's land to do with as they please, they can't be stopped from 'working' the land

Playing devils advocate, hypothetically speaking, if a few trees had been felled and as a genuine coincidence a 3" diameter piece of timber happened to be sticking out of one side of the trail at around head height and a rider got badly hurt, what would be the riders thought.....

1. That's it I want to make a claim and sue that careless land owner

Or

2. Bloody hell, I am lucky to be alive I better stick to official trails or trail centres

Now I am still happy to say that I will continue to ride unofficial trails, but there will be more than one side to te story, even though all we can see from the photos is "trail devastation" Asti looked a sweet place to shred

This is where some form of relationship / communication between riders and landowners would help.

Be interesting to get the land owners perspective,

For example, when I am out walking my dogs across my land I have to make sure the don't go near te trails for fear of being hit by one of those nutters on push bikes, I am forever picking up old inner tubes, lucozade bottles and other rubbish they leave behind

I have just realised I am heading into a Steve Sordy ramble

I better go to work, (VOTE SORDY)

One day your life will flash before your eyes.

Make sure it's worth watching!!