Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off-Road Commuter - Suggestions Appreciated

I was going to mention the Genesis bikes as mentioned in this thread, they are very much keep it simple and it works sorta bikes and its there background too. Hardtail/fullyrigid.
    Lapierre Zesty 214 2011

Genesis Core 30 2010

Buy this http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/...ay-01-flat-bar.

It's not what you think you want but it is exactly what you need.

It's singlespeed and doesn't have hydraulic brakes, both of these things will make you a better person. Don't try and make a half arsed hardtail. buy an awesome commuter bike.

In fact mtfu, have a word with yourself and buy the drop bar version.

Quote Originally Posted by SLB07 View Post
    Buy this http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/...ay-01-flat-bar.

It's not what you think you want but it is exactly what you need.

It's singlespeed and doesn't have hydraulic brakes, both of these things will make you a better person. Don't try and make a half arsed hardtail. buy an awesome commuter bike.

In fact mtfu, have a word with yourself and buy the drop bar version.
    I like Genesis bikes and if I had the money and a bigger garage there are several that I'd pick out. BUT... I don't and I'm not convinced that single speed will get me along my route quickest (or rather I'm not convinced that I'll get single speed along my route quickest ).

Don't try and make a half arsed hardtail.
    I'm certainly not trying to make a half-arsed hardtail, I've never mentioned getting suspension forks in this thread, I'm definitely wanting something fully rigid.

I should stop looking at the genesis website, they always have something I can convince myself I need. Despite having a 30 meter commute I'm now thinking that bike would be perfect...

I should stop looking at the genesis website, they always have something I can convince myself I need. Despite having a 30 meter commute I'm now thinking that bike would be perfect...
    Is that 30 metre commute on or off road? Is it hilly or flat? See, these are all consideration you'll need to address when deciding on a commuter bike!

Been on the Whyte website and their hybrids look nice too. The Stirling is approx. the equivilent spec of the Boardman but a little more costly.

They have made the better choice of opting for an 11-32 cassette rather than the 11-28 cassette though which is good. Also it's available from bike shops which the Boardman isn't.

OI Lion. Ya broke the fekkin forum ya great berk.
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I broke nuffin' it's just that the Whyte is too feisty to be restrained by a forum. It's trying to break out and I like it.

Just need to check if Rutland Cycling have one in stock at one of their shops for me to go and see. Either that or I'll spot something else and change my mind.