Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Strava Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fredmundo View Post
    I'm interested in straving..... Does everything you upload have to be public? Can you keep some rides totally private to just you?
    I'm not keen on people knowing where I commute to/from...
    Yes you can add your bikes to strava so commuter/mtb then select private/public etc. theres a few more privacy settings on there too. You can also select a hidden zone, so if you start your ride from home that part stays hidden but still counts towards the mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by GTDan View Post
    Yes you can add your bikes to strava so commuter/mtb then select private/public etc. theres a few more privacy settings on there too. You can also select a hidden zone, so if you start your ride from home that part stays hidden but still counts towards the mileage.
    Yes, I have the hidden zone turned on (I think I chose the 1 km radius). You can set it up so only people that follow you can see your ride details by default and then if you want to set an individual ride to public you can. You can also set it so that you get to allow your followers.

I've got Endy aswell. I did intend on getting a garmin gps hence joining strava, but haven't got around to it.
    Boardman FSTeam 650B
    Owner of Munchkin Media Corp
    You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgI...w-0UtnNd2UH2EQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwitch View Post
    I've got Endy aswell. I did intend on getting a garmin gps hence joining strava, but haven't got around to it.
    you can import .gpx route files dirrect from a Garmin GPS into endymondo - thats how I use it as i dont have or want a GPS enabled phone.

When conected to the pc the GPS unit acts as a storage device, you can drag files in or out or when on Endy just upload a work out.
    Spesh Rockhopper

Ah but i don't have a garmin gps to import into Endy. All i've got is a Blackberry with endy on it, and strava won't work with it
    Boardman FSTeam 650B

errr confused. did you not say that you joined strava because you intended to get a GPS????

which I then took to mean that you only joined strava so that it would work with said intended GPS
    Spesh Rockhopper

Ah but i don't have a garmin gps to import into Endy. All i've got is a Blackberry with endy on it, and strava won't work with it
    Garmin is the only way for you then (as you know already) i would recommend an android/iphone when upgrade time arrives!
    Blackberry - Good Business phone/Rubbish at anything else.

Aye sorry Agent, i am intending on getting a gps device, just not sure when or to be honest IF.
    I'm looking at a samsung galaxy s2 phone at the moment. I can get a rather spiffy deal from virgin media for one.
    GT yup, it's a shite phone. 3rd handset is less than 18 months and this one is going exactly the same way as the other two.
    Boardman FSTeam 650B

Aye sorry Agent, i am intending on getting a gps device, just not sure when or to be honest IF.
    I'm looking at a samsung galaxy s2 phone at the moment. I can get a rather spiffy deal from virgin media for one.
    GT yup, it's a shite phone. 3rd handset is less than 18 months and this one is going exactly the same way as the other two.
    I'm Apple through and through BUT the Galaxy S2/HTC one X are mega phones!

I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!