Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a frame fork combination to start building the rest of a bike around.

Hi,
    Thanks for all your help! I've had the On-one packs recommended, would love the carbon fibre option, but not sure I can afford it. At the moment I've an ancient Marin Bear Valley (1999!) and I've been to Llandegla and Cody brenin, and loved it. I live in Sheffield and want to go out to the peaks more. Not particularly fit at the moment, so a light bike would be a major selling point!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fredmundo View Post
    but if you want him to do the best job, it has to be milk chocolate hobnobs every time.
    Chocolate makes him hyper and he them breaks stuff
    Failing is not a failure as long as you have fun doing it

Quote Originally Posted by JimA View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for all your help! I've had the On-one packs recommended, would love the carbon fibre option, but not sure I can afford it. At the moment I've an ancient Marin Bear Valley (1999!) and I've been to Llandegla and Cody brenin, and loved it. I live in Sheffield and want to go out to the peaks more. Not particularly fit at the moment, so a light bike would be a major selling point!

Thanks!
    Being from Sheffield (the are a few of us here tbh), I'd suggest that you want a bike that is stronger more than light.....

There is a bit of wisdom I've heard a few times relating to bikes.... strong, light, cheap.... pick any two.

I'm not saying that you need a tank necessarily... but the peak district can be a pretty tough on a bike. Something like a 456 would be pretty good fun and able to cope. A heavy bike is only heavy for the first few weeks that you are out on it... your fitness will adapt pretty quickly... just keep getting out and about and you'll be right.

oh and if you fancy a few pointers on routes or want to get out and riding then shout up.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by DaMilkyBarKid View Post
    Chocolate makes him hyper and he them breaks stuff
    That's why they get the biscuits after the fixing!
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig