Thread: Rockshox Revelation - to xx or RTL??

Rockshox Revelation - to xx or RTL??

Hi

I am looking at getting a new fork for my bike and as it came with a sektor an easy choice seems to be a revolation of the same travel, I assume it will pair up nicely without having to think too much. Heres my dilema, I have found a Rockshox Revelation XX Dual Air Fork '11 for cheaper than an RTL version. I assumed the XX dual air is 'better' but then checking reviews on bike radar, i read the "RockShox Revelation XX World Cup fork" review i see that XX refers to the damper, and that this damper is the lightest, rather than best performing? Does anyone understand whats going on with the various versions of the revalation and thus advise me if the said for is appropriate or not?

Thanks
    Ian

an interesting question.... would be interested to learn the answer myself!
    Ride hard but avoid the hikers

When I was building my Bfe I was looking at all these forks & in the end went for 150mm RLT dual position! But to be honest this was for stock availability more than anything!! But I love them Like you say think the XX is the lighter option & I believe the world cup has carbon tapered steerer only option available?

The main reason Iím replying to this thread is to ask how the Sektorís have been? Iím currently building a 150mm full sus & have gone for some Sector RL solo air & was just wondering how much of an upgrade the Revelations are??

Rode a set of Sektors today (on a Devinci Dixon) and genuinely loved it, it matched the Fox on the Ellsworth, very good for the money, not sure which model though!
    "Those who think they know it all but don't really annoy those of us who do"

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    DMR Reptoid SS Jump build
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9777017/p4pb9777017.jpg

My twitter @lordsamofslam

well before I had a sektor I was on a bike with a tora, so the sektor was a big upgrade. But I've demo'd alot of bikes with more expensive fox forks and found them to be a hell of alot better/smoother, but always seems to be too stupidly expensive to consider as an aftermarket upgrade. I also read that the sektor is a revolution just with a lesser damper unit, but this is where i have found an xx revolution fork for less than a new sektor and am thinking of getting it as I can move the sektor I currently have onto anouther bike that is forkless at the moment (this is my justification argument to myself.)

So the best I can tell you about the sektor solo air is its good for the money, works quite well but when ridden over rocky/tough rooty terrain hard/fast does transmit alot of this back to you and you have to hold on with a good grip, but to be fair to them I am talking light DH use in scotland which is not really what its aimed at I don't think

I think I can answer my own question:-

"Lightweight and performance oriented, XX Motion Control includes the XLoc remote featuring hydraulic-actuated lockout and adjustable threshold control. Dual Flow rebound and factory-set compression damping make this a no-nonsense damping system with efficient small bump performance for XC and trail. Featured in: SID, Reba, Revelation."

So I take that to mean xx dampers focus is on lightness not performance