Thread: Penmachno

Penmachno

Does anyone know if Penmachno is well signposted and easy to follow?? I can't seem to find a detailed map anywhere.

The hard part is finding the car park.....

It's pretty well signposted between the obvious sections of single track.... it's also very worth while going. I think it's the favourite man made trail I've ridden. I think it's because it feels much less man made that a lot of others. You get the feeling when riding it that it's just been a trail ridden by locals that has just been hardened a bit in order to make it ridable most of the year round.
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

+1 with Freddo on this, its great

One day your life will flash before your eyes.

Make sure it's worth watching!!

Thanks for the info. I've seen a post code somewhere on the net for the car park, I'll give it a go in the next few weeks.

Just drive through the village and after passing the last house look for a firetrack on your right after a couple of hundred yards,go up that and the parking Layby is on your left.

Track up to car park isn't hard to find - just keep going out of village and it's on the right. Like Fred, I think it's the brilliant. The top, open section is one of the best bits of single track I've ridden, and the last half mile is a real sting in the tail! Superb.

I'd back all that was said above, Penmachno is my favourite 'manmade trail'. It has a raw feel that many other purpose built tracks lack.

The views from the top open section are amazing (if you get a clear day of course).

As mentioned above, as you leave the village of Penmachno, there is a layby on your left. Here's a map to show you where:-

http://g.co/maps/z6t4e

Enjoy!

Giant Trance X3 2013
    www.facebook.com/Re.CyclingOffroad