Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: MBR big question May most overpriced piece of kit?

Have to disagree with the first comment as I have a smart phone with GPS works fine as a Sat Nav in my Car or Van , but only has about 4 hours battery life when using it as a gps on my bike , and its often loses satellite reception giving some weird results , I got me a Baby Garmin for 99 and its been worth every penny , it also works with Endomondo which is a bonus for me ..

Also smartphones are not cheap so if you don't already have one already it could be a false economy :P

I agree with your next comment
    Specilaized StumpJumper Comp 2007 (only Frame is Stock) Main Ride
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010 (Almost Stock)
    Specilaized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 (only Frame is Stock) (General Ride)

Juice Juice and more Juice

Most over priced MTB "kit" are energy drinks / potions etc. Easy solution thankfully. Buy high fruit diluting squash (my fav is Sainsburys pink grapefruit) and add a pinch of salt. (I use sea salt crystals cos I'm posh lol). Tastes great, gives you the carbs from the real fruit squash and electrolytes from the salt.

First post
    I found that Camel backs were a little out of my price range so I found a cheaper alternative called a Mwave for about 25 but for
    now im using a cheap 5 2L bladder poking through the headphone hole in my backpack, it works much better than i expected.

I think its has to be Camelback (other hydration sytems ect )i have returned to mountain bikes after 15 years and 80.00 for a rucksack with a bladder is p"s take ,i bought a halfords special and took the thing back as it dont work and as i refuse to buy a proper camelback due to said price tag(im from Yorkshire originally so tight as ) you will find me on the trails with a tesco lemonade bottle stuck in my old back pack .

Personally I think Protection. Especially the neck/spine protectors! I appreciate what goes into making them but I reckon you would see a lot more guys wearing them if they were just that little bit cheaper!

They will drop in price, but the research that goes in costs a lot, so that causes the price, i still brought one though

Just ordered an mbr sub with a 105 lezyne pack that id never buy at full retail, 100 for a fuckin backpack!
    "Those who think they know it all but don't really annoy those of us who do"

Rides:
    Cross country hack bike
    DMR Reptoid SS Jump build
    Pivot Mach6C
    Road bike

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9777017/p4pb9777017.jpg

My twitter @lordsamofslam

I'm surprised that Matt hasn't proclaimed that riding glasses are twice as expensive as they need to be!

I'll get me coat....
    "Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together."- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by fredmundo View Post
    I'm surprised that Matt hasn't proclaimed that riding glasses are twice as expensive as they need to be!
    For me anything with two prescription lenses in has one too many. I have actually been looking at prescription eyewear specifically for the bike but Everytime I do I end up at custom Oakley Jawbones which will cost me the best part of 300! In this instance it's an area where, if I had it, I would gladly spend that amount of money. As it is I may end up getting contacts and some goggle type things.

Boardman FSTeam 650B
    Owner of Munchkin Media Corp
    You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgI...w-0UtnNd2UH2EQ

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMatt View Post
    For me anything with two prescription lenses in has one too many. I have actually been looking at prescription eyewear specifically for the bike but Everytime I do I end up at custom Oakley Jawbones which will cost me the best part of 300! In this instance it's an area where, if I had it, I would gladly spend that amount of money. As it is I may end up getting contacts and some goggle type things.
    I use contacts (cos I am as blind as a bat without specs) and Bloc Shifters

One day your life will flash before your eyes.

Make sure it's worth watching!!