Thread: Deore Cassette 11-34t

Deore Cassette 11-34t

Hi just a quick question about the above thats been bugging me all day ..

Ive always run Deore Cassettes they serve me well and I can actually afford them :P ..

but yesterday I swapped my Chain,Cassette and Middle Ring , and I noticed that the Cassette I Took off a HG50 That I purchased in 2007 from SJ Cycles has 7 Fixed cogs and Two Loose , Now the New one I used Yesterday Purchased in Jan 12 from CRC has 6 Fixed and 3 Loose or is it meant to be the same and one has come loose ?

I bought Two from CRC that order and both are the same , but Previously I bought 4 from SJ Cycles in 2007 and they were all 7 and 2 ..

I have just ordered a replacement for my spares box from CRC and also asked them the same question , but no reply yet ..

Also the 7th Cog isn't the same as the 8 and 9 with metal attached spacer it had the same Plastic spacer as the rest of the cogs on the main block ! and this was broken so I had to salvage one from the old Cassette but its done the job and all is running fine , just this is like I say Bugging me now..

Cheers KurvZ
    Specilaized StumpJumper Comp 2007 (only Frame is Stock) Main Ride
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010 (Almost Stock)
    Specilaized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 (only Frame is Stock) (General Ride)

Thats exactly the way they are now both SRAM and Shimano, would not worry about it.

cool , I wonder why , ah I dont care must sleep tonight please don't let me stay awake pondering such nonsense
    Specilaized StumpJumper Comp 2007 (only Frame is Stock) Main Ride
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010 (Almost Stock)
    Specilaized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 (only Frame is Stock) (General Ride)