Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a pain of a ride...

What a pain of a ride...

So D decides that today we will go for a leisure ride, sadly this actually meant out on the bikes and not what I'd hoped it meant

So we took a canalside towpath and within less than 5k picked up 7 punctures between us. They'd cut the ruddy hedges and left the debris everywhere, two punctures were picked up just trying to walk around the crap. So what with changing out tubes and patching we took 3hrs 28mins to cover 12.5k appx

Damned well ruined our day out! Jeez, I feel the urge to damage some beer. lots of beer.
    MTB'ing As addictive as Cocaine And Twice as Expensive! Mace Just Makes Me Horny!
    Red Hoodoo huge fun a great bike.White Ibis Mojo HD 140 completed but got to ill to do much with it

go for it fella ur in good company with me!!! Proper bummer bout those pesky thorns mind

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzedx View Post
    Jeez, I feel the urge to damage some beer. lots of beer.
    I have just been to our local friendly orange lettered supermarket and purchased 4 cans of Brewdog Punk IPA which I will be kicking the shit out of this evening.

Having a bottle of Rioja, had quite a good commute tonight. 9.3 miles in 49 minutes 44 seconds. Must be getting a bit fitter.
    I was a teenage werewolf!

andifalloffwithstyle!!!!!!

FEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those pesky thorns
    I spent most of the day at work shaking out my boot thinking there was something in there. Only to find when I got home I had a thorn stuck in my foot.

Bloody Thorns hate them to as I do lots of miles on the towpath I'm surprised Ive only had 4 punctures in my last 2500 miles , but years ago I used to get them every other weekend at-least started using tyre liners and that was that but they were quite heavy lol :P .. But now its just my Tubes and my budget tyres ..

shame you had a such a hassle , my first ride back in the saddle last year , and my Daughters first ride we both got punctures almost in the same place she had no quick release on her rear wheel , and I said to her no worries as I didn't have a spanner but could fix it with he wheel still in the bike , and yes i did fix it , but when Pulling the valve back through the rim in ripped out !!! , ffs doomed had to walk home 6 miles , fair do`s though she still came out and I started bring a Box Spanner with me till I put a QR Axel in .. (thats was Thorns and all) ...
    Specilaized StumpJumper Comp 2007 (only Frame is Stock) Main Ride
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010 (Almost Stock)
    Specilaized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 (only Frame is Stock) (General Ride)

You want some sealant in yer tubes - my local farm tracks are exactly the same - all lined with Hawthorn. Evil stuff. Not fun to crash into either!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    You want some sealant in yer tubes - my local farm tracks are exactly the same - all lined with Hawthorn. Evil stuff. Not fun to crash into either!
    Have been considering going tubeless, but in the end I doubt I'll be riding that towpath again for awhile anyway, it wasn't just the hawthorn(s) the path itself proved to be 'kin dangerous in places, the banks had crumbled away and we had to get off and climb the bank to work around it, several times. Eventually we decided we'd had enough of it, it was supposed to be enjoyable but was now just a downright ruddy hassle and no fun. Just to top off the day we found we couldn't exit the feckin' towpath, some moron had used barbed wire to block off the style, several of them so we couldn't even get to the ruddy bridlepath(s). I found a gap in the hedge and pushed through to get into a field and the rode acroos it and we then linked up with the bridle path and from that to a lane to get home.

Got to fetch D' from her ruddy Girly night and then I'm hitting the beer. Had enough today feeling bloody irritable and downright feckin grumpy! Grrrr
    MTB'ing As addictive as Cocaine And Twice as Expensive! Mace Just Makes Me Horny!
    Red Hoodoo huge fun a great bike.White Ibis Mojo HD 140 completed but got to ill to do much with it

Awwww.

Someone give Tazz a hug
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Crash Test Reevil "Crashing so you don't have to"
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Quote Originally Posted by reevil View Post
    Awwww.

Someone give Tazz a hug
    Thank you Reevil, some good ole' fashioned forum p1ss taking, ya just put a smile on me fizzog. Jeez I hate Hawthorn and feckin' barbed wire, piggin' stuff. Bleah!