Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee and Cragg quarries

Just made it back before the snow really came down (couple of inches here now). Glad the bike didn't need washing!

Did have fun even though we abandoned early. It was a bit lethal on the top of the quarry with the sheet ice everywhere and the bloody wind that kept blowing me off the track

Too damned cold to get to talk to anyone too - had to keep moving or you froze to the spot!

Will have to make a return trip in better conditions

It wasn't too cold, -1 maybe -2, but that wind was cruel!! When we were out of it, everyone seemed fine. But it was so dry it just ripped all the moisture out of you wherever it hit!!! Good job we didn't even consider the crossing over to Cragg.

Enjoy the red, I've got a lovely toad-in-the-hole bubbling in the oven, Bliss

Edit: just remembered it was -1 in the car park according to the dash, may have been a few degrees colder up top!!
    Last edited by DaMilkyBarKid; 04-Feb-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Failing is not a failure as long as you have fun doing it

Looks like my early bale out didn't mean I missed too much1 Looking forward to the next one I can get to being a bit warmer.

Best news today (beyond Calcutta Cup result...) is that my daughter's skating has been cancelled tomorrow which means I don't have to get up at 5am - result!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanL View Post
    Looks like my early bale out didn't mean I missed too much
    No shame whatsoever in knowing when to call it a day. Much better than pushing on and getting into difficulties.
    Failing is not a failure as long as you have fun doing it

Quote Originally Posted by gorehound View Post
    Everyone is invited to every meet kid.
    second that

One day your life will flash before your eyes.

Make sure it's worth watching!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaMilkyBarKid View Post
    It wasn't too cold, -1 maybe -2, but that wind was cruel!! When we were out of it, everyone seemed fine. But it was so dry it just ripped all the moisture out of you wherever it hit!!! Good job we didn't even consider the crossing over to Cragg.

Enjoy the red, I've got a lovely toad-in-the-hole bubbling in the oven, Bliss

Edit: just remembered it was -1 in the car park according to the dash, may have been a few degrees colder up top!!
    There may have been a bit of wind chill to factor into that!

I was starting to get cold when we were down near the pump track where the wind was howling through, but as soon as we got into a sheltered spot I warmed right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    second that
    Yes - wasn't feeling 100% beforehand, coughing and spluttering, but always worth having a go!

Drive home was ok, glad I got home when I did as outside now it is sleeting but it's that cold that it's freezing on contact with the ground/car/front doorstep. Just went to the shop (about 50m away) and was nearly on my arse a few times. Although it was worth it as I now have some beer in the fridge

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMatt View Post
    I now have some beer in the fridge
    Always a winner!

Thanks for the PM Matt, pedals will be on their way shortly. I'll PM you when sent.
    MTB'ing As addictive as Cocaine And Twice as Expensive! Mace Just Makes Me Horny!
    Red Hoodoo huge fun a great bike.White Ibis Mojo HD 140 completed but got to ill to do much with it