PDA

View Full Version : Stupid tubeless tyres

reevil
30-Nov-2011, 06:01 PM
Rode over a piece of sharp flint today & got that sinking feeling to go with the hissing noise.
A load of sealant spat out of the hole. :mad:

I noticed that whilst the tyre was too flat to ride, it wasn't completely airless, so I blasted it with co2 canister, spun it so the hole was at the bottom, and waited.

Luckily it sealed. :)

Do I need to repair the tyre with a patch now? Or will it be ok?
It's a hole (a large one) rather than a tear.

DISGreece
30-Nov-2011, 06:16 PM
I'd do an inside (repair) job! :)

Hobo
30-Nov-2011, 06:18 PM
Depends how big it is. The sealant will have made a nice big latex bogey on the inside so shouldn't leak again, but if the hole is more than a couple of mm I'd patch it for peace of mind. You might want to top up with sealant anyway if you lost a lot.

Hobo
30-Nov-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd do an inside (repair) job! :)

You left without your coat.

;)

reevil
30-Nov-2011, 07:07 PM
Nice one, cheers guys.

Do you have a recommended patch?

gorehound
30-Nov-2011, 07:14 PM
Nicorette have a good reputation.:D

Hobo
30-Nov-2011, 07:20 PM
I just use standard feather edge ones (good old Tip Top).
I don't scuff up the surface like you would a tube, I once found out the hard way that the rubber on the inside is really thin before you get to the carcass. Once you're through to that there's nothing for the patch to stick to = wrecked tyre :(

Mongoosed
30-Nov-2011, 07:28 PM
Nicorette have a good reputation.:D

You may have something there, wont they stop the wheel spinning and smoking your tyre.........??????

QTip
30-Nov-2011, 08:05 PM
+1 for the Rema Tip Top patches - I've used them to repair holes in my tubeless tyres and have not had any problems with the repairs, even awkward ones near the tyre bead.

DISGreece
30-Nov-2011, 08:07 PM
Nice one, cheers guys.

Do you have a recommended patch?

The Hoond usually uses the big flowerpot outside the back door.... but he prefers the kitchen table, but the OH scolds him... :p

My favourite patch is....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61UQYGcHvSL.jpg

gorehound
30-Nov-2011, 08:41 PM
The Hoond usually uses the big flowerpot outside the back door.... but he prefers the kitchen table, but the OH scolds him... :p

My favourite patch is....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61UQYGcHvSL.jpg

Cheeky bitch.:p